KY Council of Area Development Districts Business Development Manager
Please note that this position is hired through the Kentucky Council of Area Development Districts. Please refer to them for questions in regards to the position. The CVADD has posted this job as a courtesy to them.
The KY Council of Area Development Districts has a contract opportunity for a Business Development Manager.
The KCADD is a statewide alliance of the 15 Area Development Districts (ADDs). The KCADD serves to strengthen Kentucky’s ADDs, enhance regional economic prosperity, and improve the consistency and quality of ADD programs to ensure they add value to the Commonwealth, regional, and local initiatives. For over 40 years, the ADDs have been a catalyst of change in almost all aspects of life throughout the Commonwealth and in its individual regions. By working in concert with federal and state officials, and the Commonwealth’s local government shareholders, and its private and nonprofit sector partners, ADDs and KCADD have worked with the sole intent of serving Kentuckians.
This position is a Personal Service Contract with the Kentucky Council of Area Development Districts (KCADD). Duties will include raising revenue and expanding business opportunities that allow the Area Agencies on Aging (housed within Kentucky's 15 Area Development Districts) to achieve and sustain our mission. These goals shall be achieved by creating and executing an ethical business strategy to expand existing funding relationships and identify and secure opportunities with new business partners such as integrated health systems, managed care organizations and large employers through grants, business service contracts and/or private-pay services.
The qualified Business Development Manager shall meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management or other related field or substantial commensurate experience in similar roles in this field.
- Minimum of three years of fundraising/development experience in the health care, human services, aging, disability or managed care field.
- Demonstrated success leading business strategy development, business-to-business partnering and organizational fundraising in the fields of social services, health care, aging, or disability.
- Additional qualifications are detailed in the job description which can be obtained by emailing Tony Wilder at email@example.com.
Pre-requisite job training and personal transportation is required by the KCADD to carry out contract functions. Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills are a must. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Tony Wilder, Executive Director, Kentucky Council of Area Development Districts, 501 Capital Avenue, Frankfort, KY 40601. It is preferred that materials be sent electronically to Mr. Wilder at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 4:30 PM Eastern Time, December 31, 2018. Website: www.kcadd.org.
Participant Directed Services Advisors - 1 Full Time & 1 Part Time
Cumberland Valley Area Development District (CVADD) is seeking an applicant to fill two positions of Participant Directed Service Advisor.
Full Time: The employee will be required to work 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - Monday through Friday.
Part Time: This is a part time position with the potential to move to a full-time position. As part time, the employee will be required to work up to three days per week 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, not to exceed 100 hours per month with a flexible weekly schedule per supervisor's approval.
Under the general direction of the Director of Area Agency on Aging, responsible for performing on-going Participant Directed Coordination for clients that choose Participant Directed Services under the Home and community Based waiver services.
Participant Directed Service Advisor shall meet one of the following qualifications:
• A bachelor's degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university; and
• At least one (1) year of experience in a health or human services field; or
• The educational or experiential equivalent in the field of aging or disabilities; or
• Be a registered nurse who has:
• At least two (2) years of experience as a professional nurse in the field of aging or disabilities; or
• A master’s degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university.
Essential Job Functions:
• Monitor participants monthly with face-to-face contact made in the participant’s home.
• Conduct face to face home visits with the participant’s representative (if applicable) at least once every three months in the participant’s home.
• Collaborate with participants, representatives, PDS employees, and other community agencies (if applicable) to develop a person-centered plan of care.
• Coordinate with community agencies for blended services.
• Submit person centered plan of care via MWMA
• Submit any other documents required by HPE, DMS, or DAIL via MWMA.
• Modify the person-centered plan of care as the participant’s needs change.
• Coordinate training of consumers and potential employees as required by the program.
• Monitor and inform participants or representatives of the annual requirements of the participant’s employees and representatives.
• Submit appropriate documentation for assessment and reassessment.
• Submit monthly case notes into MWMA.
• Coordinated background checks required for the participant’s employees and representatives.
• Continually monitor participant’s health, safety and welfare.
• Attend training as needed.
• Monthly verification of participant’s use of service units and approve employee time sheets according to the person-centered plan of care.
• Monthly verification of participant’s Medicaid status.
• Complete corrective action plan as needed.
• Complete critical incident reports as needed and submit to DAIL.
• File and maintain records accordingly.
• Submit monthly reports to supervisor.
• Visual acuity to read and prepare reports.
• Perform participant transfers and/or program closures as needed within MWMA.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of social aspects of the counties in the Cumberland Valley Area Development District.
• Thorough knowledge of methods and techniques used in providing and establishing case assessments
• Knowledge and use of computer word processing programs, as well as use of spreadsheet programs
• Knowledge of methods and techniques used in disseminating information to the public in regarding programs and services for the elderly
• Ability to establish and maintain favorable working relationship with employees, committees, councils and with the public
• Ability to organize, prepare files, and maintain records
• Must have the ability to communicate with clients who may be physically or mentally limited or challenged
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical ability, tact, initiative and resourcefulness.
Mail resume included three (3) references and cover letter to:
Cumberland Valley Area Development District
ATTN: Aaron Banks
P.O. Box 1740
London, KY 40743
The CVADD is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.